Common Orthodontic Concerns
At Kuhlberg Orthodontics we recognize the importance of a beautiful, healthy smile. Our doctors and staff promise to work with you every step of the way to ensure your orthodontic care is as rewarding as possible, and to help you understand some of the more common orthodontic concerns. We utilize the latest technologies, offering a variety of safe, effective and gentle treatment options tailored to meet each patient’s needs.
Some signs that you may benefit from braces or Invisalign® are listed below. If you are concerned about your bite or would like to enhance your smile please call us (860-673-5081) to arrange a complimentary consultation. We would be happy to discuss the benefits of orthodontic treatment and the ideal treatment approach that fits your lifestyle and budget.
- Early or Late Loss of Baby Teeth
- Underbite - the upper front teeth are behind or inside the lower front teeth.
- Spacing - gaps between teeth may indicate missing, un-erupted or small teeth.
- Protrusion - the upper front teeth extend too far forward, or the lower front teeth do not extend far enough
- Crowding - occurs when the teeth do not have enough room to erupt.
- Crossbite - the upper teeth sit inside the lower teeth. This can lead to uneven jaw growth and excessive tooth wear.
- Overbite - occurs when the upper front teeth cover the lower front teeth. Sometimes a deep overbite can cause the lower front teeth to bite the roof of the mouth.
- Open bite - occurs when the upper & lower front teeth do not overlap or contact.
- Midlines - if the centers of the upper and lower teeth do not match.
- Difficulty Chewing or Biting Food - indicates a malocclusion (bad bite).
- Mouth Breathing - can lead to crossbite and/or open bite.
- Uneven or Excessive Tooth Wear - indicates a malocclusion (bad bite).
- Finger or Thumb Sucking - can lead to crossbite and/or open bite
- Jaw Shifts on Closure - can cause uneven jaw growth
“We have been very happy with the care here. The staff knows patients by name and are friendly and welcoming. The clinicians are obviously very knowledgeable and experienced but also very down-to-earth and do their best to make patients feel comfortable. I would highly recommend this practice.” T. Gallo